Air Resource Specialists, Inc. (ARS) provides comprehensive permitting and compliance support to industrial, commercial, and government clients through its Environmental Compliance Section.
Read our compliance tips under Resources.
ARS staff scientists help regulated facilities identify permitting needs and stay in compliance with constantly evolving federal, state, and local regulations. Professional and cost-effective technical and regulatory support includes:
Permit compliance assistance:
- Clean Air Act permits (construction/operating/PSD)
- Emissions inventories and toxic release inventory (Form R) reports
- Clean Water Act permits (stormwater/NPDES/SPCC)
Air quality construction and operating permit services:
- Defining applicable and non-applicable regulations
- Quantifying emissions
- Dispersion modeling and impact assessment
- Selecting appropriate emissions abatement practices
- Negotiating permit language
- Recommending and implementing strategies for ongoing compliance monitoring
- Providing expert testimony
NEPA Planning Services
The National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requires federal agencies to incorporate environmental considerations in their planning and decision-making through a systematic interdisciplinary approach.
ARS provides a wide variety of environmental planning services that can assist federal agencies, both in the preparation of NEPA documents (Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, etc.) and for special projects to meet specific environmental needs.
ARS staff scientists have expertise in:
- Emissions calculations and air emissions inventories.
- Preparation and evaluation of air dispersion modeling protocols.
- Air dispersion modeling of long-range impacts of a proposed project.
- Evaluation of cumulative impacts and multiple development scenarios.
- Responding to technical questions at public hearings.
- Federal and state air quality regulations.
- Preparation of NEPA documents.
ARS' Compliance Section also provides NEPA and Atmospheric Modeling services to support Clean Air Act construction, operating, and PSD permits.
Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Services
Clean Air Act
- Perform baseline GHG emissions inventories
- GHG reporting and recordkeeping – Compliance with EPA’s Final Mandatory Reporting of Greenhouse Gases Rule
- Track GHG emissions and effective data management
- Assist with applicable regulatory and/or GHG permitting requirements
Carbon Lifecycle Assessment (LCA) and Climate Change Management
- Determine carbon footprint - quantify the amount of greenhouse gases emitted by a facility or accumulated over the lifecycle of a product or service
- Develop climate change and GHG management plans
- Create and define overall strategy, objectives, protocols, and documents
- Evaluate mitigation options and carbon costs/benefits (includes technology modifications, switching fuels, energy efficiency improvements, and market tools (carbon offsets, credits))
- Rank options considering cost and potential future carbon costs/benefits
See our Greenhouse Gas Services brochure for more information.
ARS' compliance audit support services cover a broad range of small to large manufacturing, fabrication, and extractive industries. Professional and cost-effective audit services include:
- Equipping clients with skills and tools to internally manage day-to-day environmental compliance.
- Independent and confidential assessment of air and water quality compliance.
- Verbal debriefings and confidential reports.
- Summarize complex permit language into convenient checklists.
- On-call for support as needed for compliance and report requirements.
See our Environmental Compliance brochure for more information on ARS' environmental compliance services or our Ethanol Industry Services brochure for specific ethanol industry services.
Air Resource Specialists, Inc. was awarded GSA Environmental Services Contract No. GS-10F-0046U in November 2007.
Regulatory and research monitoring (air quality, visibility, and meteorology) services can also be contracted by authorized federal agencies under Special Item Number (SIN) 899-1.
See our GSA Advantage Catalog or contact ARS for details.